Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Superman


My son thinks he is Superman.

We were getting ready to leave the babysitter's house. It's a tight schedule to get dinner into both boys and then to the Little Scientist class. The day is really nice, 73 degrees, but it's windy. G goes to open the door and the next thing you know he's flying backward through the air and lands on the ground. He flew all the way from the top step, down three steps to the ground without hitting any stairs.

"Holy Crap!"

That's what instinctively came out of my mouth. Down goes Little One. Down goes everything else in my hands. "Are you ok?" Hello Toto, Dorothy isn't in Kansas anymore. Thank G-d that all he did was skin his knee and a very small scrape on his finger that a boo boo band-aid would fix. Of course, I had to make fun of him that he's not supposed to act out World of Warcraft and, as he puts it, take a fly.

I think I lost about 2 years of my life today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad all turned out well, that must have given you a scare! Kids are so much more nimble that...SIGH..people my age...

HitThaFloor said...

He's definitely ok. His knee didn't even swell up. I still can't quite wrap my brain around what happened, it was so surreal.

You do, however, need to not call yourself old, considering I'm a year your senior.

Anonymous said...

Getting older - even at my ripe old age of 34 - isn't fun:(