Saturday, March 10, 2007

Dream Fairy

When I was younger, elementary school age, I thought I could control my dreams. I would stare out my window at night which was right next to my bed and feel the coolness of the glass. That was always very calming. If there was something in particular I wanted to dream about I took my pretend miniature pen and pretend miniature paper. I would write my dream down with my tiny, little pen, roll it up very carefully, sometimes close it with a ribbon, and I would stick my pretend paper with my dream written on it in my ear. The dream fairy, kind of like the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz, would then get my dream and process it. He would then give me my dream.

Of course, it never did work properly. That never mattered to me however - I still kept writing him my dreams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I will try that tonight...I have some dreams I will submit to the fairy for processing......

HitThaFloor said...

I wonder what your dream will be. You have to be very careful in writing it, but I hope you dream it. Let me know tomorrow.

Sweet dreams.

Anonymous said...

SIGH, transaction from the dream fairy came back "declined." I think its because I'm reading this book right now, a true story, about the 1996 burning of the opera house in Venice, Italy....so my dreams the past couple of nights have been about fires...SIGH...gotta watch what books I choose to read, especially before bed....at least the computer manual yielded more innocuous dreams...

HitThaFloor said...

That can definitely influence your dreams. I'm glad the book I just read last night didn't infiltrate my dreams - "Maus" by Arthur Spiegalman. (Yes, Molly - you can borrow it.) It's a memoir of his father's experience surviving the holocaust. My dream had fires in it last night too, now that I think about it. Read my latest entry. Hmmmm....