Thursday, March 8, 2007

Blackness

Last night I had my first halfway decent night's sleep since this cold began. I lay on the couch all night. My mind was racing, but my body couldn't move. I was numb. I had to have my husband turn off the light. The couch was the most comfortable place I could have slept, but I had no dreams. Just blackness. It was 11:30. I woke up and it was 1:15. I woke up again and it was 6:00. No time passed in between, just blackness and awakeness. Yet, even in that deep slumber, I still heard Little One with his early morning wake up babble. How could I sleep so sound and deep and still sleep so lightly?

Little One has a fever today. Why does it always fall around a well visit? I know he has what I have. I pity him right now. Naps are so good. Hopefully he has a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SIGH, okay, I'll try it...I have my DOS For Dummies on standby for tonight....

HitThaFloor said...

That should definitely work. As for me - I still have an attacking cough so codeine cough syrup it is - and the best part - kids are at the grandparents for the night so hopefully it's a bit more of a sound sleep. Of course, the thought that Little One has a fever will probably be in the back of my mind - if I dream tonight, maybe it will be about that. Sweet dreams.