Monday, March 12, 2007

Falling Apart

OK, I know I had a dream last night and I almost was able to capture it as I was getting ready for work this morning, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I had a picture, a glimpse, but that's it.

On another note, however, my son, G, likes to pretend sometimes that he's really old. He'll say "I'm walking like an old person" and he'll stoop over and shuffle his feet and pretend he aches all over. Or even when he's just feeling really achy he'll be "too old" to help clean up. I honestly don't know where he got that notion from, unless Mamma (his grandma) has complained once in a while or made fun of herself being old, but right now I feel like that.

I spoke to a doctor on the phone mid-day Saturday and was hooked up with some antibiotics. They're definitely helping, but I'm still really congested so I've been dosing up on decongestants every once in a while. Well, I'm still really congested and it's been over a week. At least my voice is starting to come back. I was starting to sound like James Earl Jones my voice was so hoarse. Every once in a while when I blow my nose, my ear pops really bad and it's painful. Sometimes it's just the pop, but at other times, like this very instant, I just have to keep pressing on my ear because my equilibrium is off. On top of all this, yesterday I pulled something in my shoulder area or my neck and I could barely sleep last night. I've been trying Ibuprofen and tiger balm, but the pain is just getting worse. I can barely turn my head because of the pain.

So right now I feel like my son. I'm too old to be at work. I think I need to find someone to take me apart, put in a couple refurbished parts, maybe a couple of new ones, and put me back together again. I'm done with feeling miserable and being in pain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, maybe a chiropractor or a professional masseuse in order....nothing worse than muscle pain...I'm an avid runner - 6 miles yesterday - and I'm feeling it today, so I can relate...

HitThaFloor said...

Professional masseuse. I need to hire one of those and put them on my payroll. Anyone who knows me (well or not) knows that I am a massage whore. Yes, I admit it. My husband has actually been very helpful in that regard, unlike his usual self, but I think a few days of trying to be nice to my shoulder would do it some good.

On the other hand, maybe if I did something like running I wouldn't be in such bad shape.

Anonymous said...

Well, the secret of a good masseur is in the kneading...you have the knead the muscle like bread dough, doesn't sound very appealing, but it alleviates the deep tissue dullness

HitThaFloor said...

Well, if we ever meet, I know what I'll be asking for....