Friday, March 9, 2007

Board Meeting and Completing Tasks

I was at a board meeting for something. I was completely out of place and out of my element. There was an issue about what shirts everyone was going to wear and I was going to wear my white button down with the frilly front. Everyone said that wasn't going to work. I needed a white button down with a plain shirt so that I could be like everyone else. I needed money to perform a task that the board wanted me to do. I was looking at everyone and underneath them, like on a computer screen, were different colored dollar signs. I had to try to convince the ones with the green dollar signs to give me money. No one wanted to. This one woman kept looking at my crossly and saying that I was out of line. They promoted me from an unknown position to vice president and I was in charge of an entire section of whatever it was we were working on. I couldn't understand how they could promote me and not tell me about it. Didn't I have a say in it?

Then I was shopping at a mega store. I remember some kids being there and completely ignoring them. I kept walking through the same section over and over. I can't remember now what the section was, but it was very repetitive. I kept going to the same place - very circular.

There was a paper that I had to completely fill out. I accomplished the task. I have no idea what it was for or why I was writing it, but I had it completely filled up.

Editor's note post-script: I think I know why I have this feeling of "being told what to do". I was going to be the social coordinator for Kol HaLev and they've been changing it around on me and proceeding without even getting my input. Maybe that influenced my dream a bit because I'm a bit taken aback by it.

No comments: