Sunday, March 4, 2007

Art Sale in a Mansion

I was staying at a friend's multi-house mansion estate. They were having an art sale party and I was one of the artist's. It was starting to drizzle when I got to her house. There were already other people there. I was probably around 15 years old or so. Everyone had to pick out what art we were going to display. I ended up choosing two pieces. One that was like a locket, but bigger and I don't remember what the second was. We had to vie for space and I couldn't find any good lighting in the room I was going into, but someone suggested that instead of standing the pictures up, I lay them down like they did in the "olden" days. It was perfect. I put my business cards in front of them so everyone would know whose they were and I thought that was just ingenious. It was really starting to pore. I had to find my room and I didn't know where it was but I kept forgetting to put items there. Everytime we moved rooms, we had to walk out in the rain.

As the part was starting, there was a trivia conest people were watching. There was one last question for the contestants to win and it was 2 boys and a girl on the team. That question was "What is an American party where you stay overnight called?" The girl said "Oh, I know this. I've been doing it forever. It's a sleepover." "Wrong." The Emcee said. "It's a PJ Party." I remember thinking that it was called either. That I called it a sleepover ever since I was a kid and that the answer was disputable.

The party was about to start and Dave got up to make a toast to everyone. He started with "Welcome everyone. First of all, if you need anything else or anymore food, please let the wait staff know." Then he was interrupted by someone and Dave said "No, I only make prepared speaches." But he couldn't find his so it was off the cuff and everyone laughed.

That's when Little One woke up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleepover...its always been sleepovers or even the term - more for girls, slumber party....but PJ party? Seems a little Victoria Secretish......Kevin

HitThaFloor said...

I felt the same way in my dream. I thought that girl got the raw end of the deal because her teammates were very mad at her. Such is the life of the dreamed, though. They get the raw end of the dea.