Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Twin Sisters


Virginia Tech affected me greatly yesterday. I was driving home and listening to NPR and they went into such detail, I cried. It's so sad what happened. I saw G and gave him the biggest hug. I saw Little One and did the same. I don't even want to get into the details of my feelings of Virginia Tech, it's too traumatic.

Last night I watched a movie called Twin Sisters. The story, inspired by true events, is about 6 year old twins separated when they became orphans, set in the 1920's through WWII. One sister went to a farm in Germany where she was forced to work, beat up and denied an education. The other sister, who was sick at the time, went to a well off family in Holland and loved beyond compare. They end up on opposite sides of the war. Their respective new families didn't let them correspond to each other and theirs becomes a love/hate relationship - wanting desparately to be as close as they were but unable to get past their differences. In the end - the very end - they do and then it's just sad. I cried.

So last night's dream was a changed remix of Twin Sisters. I remember being on a beach and shaking someone's hand and then at that instant they were blown up and just disappeared into nothingness. I remember being in a house and getting ready for a date and changing my blouse but not being able to get to the date. I remember a contest that's unwinable.

No comments: