Monday, April 2, 2007

Babies, Babies, Babies


I dreamt last night. But upon waking I didn't keep the dream. My son woke up WAY too early, but he's got a stomach virus and he wasn't even unhappy, so I can't competely complain. We did go back to sleep and, as for some reason he would only sleep in my arms, in my arms he was. His heavy, semi-labored breathing right by my ear, his head upon my arm. We spooned. I know he won't sleep like that for much longer in his life, so I relished in his closeness, in a way.

I had a dream that I'm going to censor. My brain isn't quite sure why I dreamt it. I don't sleep well with my kids around me because of how light of a sleeper I am. I know I wanted his head at least off my arm - but that wasn't going to happen. So here's the part of the dream I won't censor:

My friend's daughter was standing by her mom's nightstand, holding on. I thought that was awesome and remembered that she's only 2 months younger then my son (when, in reality, she is 4 months younger, which makes a huge difference right now). I saw her sweet face standing there. That's it, end of story - or dream, as the case may be.

1 comment:

molly said...

im soooooo curious to know what you are censoring....