Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Passover - Happy Easter









I had some great dreams this weekend, but I can't remember them. It's sad. All I can remember is the feeling of them.

It's Easter Sunday and we were supposed to head out at 12:15 to my in-law's for a wonderful feast. Unfortunately, it's Cleveland. Our last major snowstorm was Valentine's day which, believe it or not, was worse then today, but it's April 8! Why, oh why? As G asked on the way out today "Why did G-d make it snow?"

Anyway, we live on a side street. Our plow guy hadn't come - for the drive OR the street. Dave actually called the City to see how we can get a refund on our taxes. By 12:15, we got tire tracks cleared in the drive and Dave was able to get out - unfortunately, that was all we were able to do. The car was stuck in the street. We were going to eat that 18 pound bird alone - me, Dave and Little One (G wouldn't have counted for the 2 bites he would eat, Little One eats more then him). We had the turkey and stuffing - I made some peas and we even had a pie for dessert. Luckily, though, by 1:30 - our driveway plow guy came and with all the little driveway plow guys coming, it seemed to clear our street enough for us to maneuver to a main road. We were with family by 2:30 - only 1/2 hour late for eating - not bad.

p>Unfortunately, I stubbed my toe so bad today that I think I broke it - Molly, that's why I called. Do I need to go to the doctor for this?? I know you've done it.

All in all, though, it was a good day. No complaints out of me.

1 comment:

molly said...

oh robin, there is notjhing they can do for a broken toe...you can tape it to the toe next to it, that tends to help keep down the movement....and are you sure its just a toe and not on the foot...because the foot is sometimes a different story
....i wish i hadnt left my cell phone at home this morning....