Sunday, May 18, 2008

Untreatable Disease - Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy

I type this with my eyes shut because the light of the screen is nearly unbearable, so please forgive any typoas.....

The first time I was diagnosed with something that was "untreatable" I was furious. I was having pain in my breast. It was intermittent, but it literally would take my breath away it could be so severe. I remember waiting for the radiologist after my very first mammogram when she said it was just a muscle inflamation and there was ntohing they could do. I remember being furious with the fact that she told me I just had to deal with that amount of pain and, basically, just deal. No way was there NOTHING that they could do. No way. The pain has since gone. Maybe that's one thing I could thank my kis for. I had it all through my first pregnancy, and then it kind of went away. Small flare ups through my second, but almost nothing since. I mean, at least it wasn't cancer, but to tell me I'm could have pain the rest of my life. You could say the doc. had an incredibly awful bedside manner.

Then I read up on Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrphy, or ABMD, or RCE's or whatever you want to call it, and it says the same thing that my, let's see if I can spell this right, ophthlamologist says. It might go away on its own, but there's no "cure". Ever since finding the "Dry Eye Zone" forum, at least I get to talk to a few more people about it. (I will put in a link here as soon as I an see better.) Don't tell me there's no cure. I don't want to hear it.

Don't tell ANYONE there's no cure for ANYTHING. It's just cruel.

No comments: