Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Chance Meeting


I was at my son's school. There was another father there who had a very odd looking beard, almost like it didn't really fit his face. He drove me to a convenient store and ended up following me in, which I didn't expect. I met Molly there, but she had to go to the hospital because she was having a baby and she said that this was really it. I needed to get to the hospital too. The man drove me there. I remember driving down the street and recognizing everything. We passed one hospital to go to a different one. We made it to the hospital and went up an elevator. Molly was in with a nurse already so I was waiting. Then the man came really close to me, like he wanted to kiss me. He kept asking me questions, like if I had children - which was a strange question since our kids were in school together. He had kids the same age as mine. I felt uncomfortable because I was married and didn't want to fool around with him. He said that he was an actor, and when you picture him without his beard, he was an A-list celebrity who was in a lot of movies. Then, all of a sudden, everyone had octopus-heads, and they were all gross and slimy and disjointed, almost like they were bleeding. They were octopus head and arms, but we still walked around on our feet.

No comments: