Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hautbois & a Wedding

Part One: I was playing my Oboe and English Horn. I don't remember this part of the dream very well because it was extremely early on, but I was definitely playing them. I know I had this dream because I've been trying to find time to practice my horns, but it's been difficult to figure out when to do it.

Part Two: Dave, the kids and I were going to a family members wedding. I believe it was Amanda and Steve. We were walking through a hotel where the wedding was taking place. It was of victorian style with muted colors on the wall, blues and reds. I mentioned how pretty it was and Steve walked up beside me and said that it wasn't what he wanted, it was not fancy enough, but it would have to do because it's what they could afford. We went into the rehearsal dinner and we were all sitting at a long table. The waitress made a funny remark about how she's going to put my lovingly made vegetarian meal down and instead she put a hamburger about the size of a small platter in front of me. It was all grotesque looking and not shaped very well. I was waiting for someone to say it was a joke, but then the dream shifted. My kids were wanting to play. Cassie came with her kids and G and Little One were all excited to see them. They all ran off playing.

Note: I just realized that this is two dreams in a row that had hotel in it. "Hotel
All dwelling places generally represent the dreamer's psychological, emotional, or spiritual condition. The dream may reflect a current reality, issue, or dilemma and attempt to bring the dreamer into greater self-awareness. Because a hotel is a transitory dwelling, it suggests a time away from one's responsibilities or routine. As a dream symbol it could reflect a need for rest and reflection. Depending on the details of the dream, specific information can be ascertained. For example, if the hotel is luxurious it suggests prosperity and positive decision-making. However, if the hotel is rundown and inadequate, it may reflect a time of uneasiness and depravation. Whether the hotel in your dream represented a retreat or escapism is for you to determine by examining your current daily reality. Finally, a hotel may refer to a temporary stage in life or be a form of compensation with which the dreamer eases the anxiety and stress experienced during the day."

Very enlightening - I think mine is the uneasiness and depravation bit unfortunately.

No comments: