Thursday, May 22, 2008

University

http://afterenlightenment.blogspot.com/2008/05/gtpx-time-line-banner.html

I was in school. For some reason I kept choosing to sit in the back of the class, which is completely unlike me. I think it had to do with the fact that I had children and in case I needed to get out quickly, even though they were never in my dream. I didn't completely understand the class I was in. I was taking copious notes. The teacher went to the wall and said that what was written there was the most important part of the entire class. It was about, not intention, like Molly talks about, but potential. I couldn't understand it. Was it a poetry class? Was it an improv class? I thought it was more academic, but people kept going up to the wall and adding their interpretation of what we were discussing for that day or they spoke in front of the class or had a dialogue or modern interpretation or acted a bit. I just stayed quiet and sat in the back of the class. There was a boy who sat next to me and we didn't talk a lot. He didn't answer in class either, but he understood it. He showed me this room that was close to the class, and it became sort of a haven for us. He explained what the class was about in terms I could understsand and it was in that room that I felt safe to open up. We would put a sentence on the wall and whatever flowed from that, flowed. Some other students had found out about this room and they thought that we were "kissing up" or going in the wrong direction. They didn't understand. It wasn't meant to be seen by anyone else.
[Editor's Note: Molly, thanks for the picture - even though I didn't ask for permission to use it. It wasn't quite what was in my dream, but I know, without even googling, that it was the closest.]

3 comments:

molly said...

i dont mind at all, though i want to teach you how to link back to the site the picture is from (as in truth, its just polite to link back to the site you take pictures from)....

im very interested in your dream, and sorry i did not have a chance to look until this morning, as i wish for you many moments like when you go into the other room with that boy and find understanding and openness

HitThaFloor said...

I hadn't even thought of linking back, but it was no intentional slight. Anybody who wishes out there - go to my sidebar and click After Enlightenment - that's where the pic. came from.

molly said...

its not me im talking for, but i know that hess has said there might be copyright issue with copying pictures off of other websites, so i try to always create a link to the page i took it from...