Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Wedding To Be

I was at my wedding shower. It was just hours before the wedding. My mom was there and she was handing out strange gifts to people. I was at a hotel and there were lots of doors and rooms to go to. The shower was very long and involved. After it was over I was walking around. I didn't want to get dressed yet. I saw some friends from Temple and most of the people there were children, school-age, not grown-ups. It felt more like a Bat Mitzvah then a wedding.


I was walking down a street and a rocket took off at a gas station. It went straight up through the air. It reminds me of an old dream I had that had travelling and a jet engine in it. The plane then came down and bounced head over tail down the street, which I was told was normal. Then there were three people, one on top of the other, walking in the street and they didn't see the hole that the jet left and they tripped. A policeman came to help get them out of the street before they were hit.



I went back to the hotel. It was just 1/2 hour before the wedding and I wasn't dressed yet and my hair and makeup wasn't done. I walked in the hotel and immediately went into a side room, which was a mistake, in hindsight, because I was lead through a maze of hallways and doors to basically come out right by where I had come into the hotel in the first place. I was trying not to see the guests because I only had a bra on top and wasn't ready, but I was looking for Dave.


Note: I tried looking for the dream where I was in a fast jet plane, but couldn't find it. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The doors in the hotel relates to making choices.
The rocket going up, then returning back to earth relates to the process of marriage.

Your entire "wedding to be" dream is a normal and popular dream that many women have.

HitThaFloor said...

I can see how the doors is choices. That makes sense. But I don't see how the rocket is marriage, but if it is, then it has a rocky end because it hit the earth, tore up the road, and went tumbling head over tail leaving a wake of people behind (or at least three all standing as one) (which also makes sense as that could be me with my two kids on my shoulders, even though in the dream it was a man standing there).