Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Asleep / Awake


I have a sinus infection and yesterday I had Grover's Bad Awful Day. The only good that came out of it was, since I had left work early, I was able to get a cheaper medication to take care of my infection ($79 Avelox v. $4 Cipro). Well, it turns out that money has to now go to my speeding ticket. Well, I was in so much pain last night that I took some cough medicine to ease the pain in my throat. It was strange - I was laying there, body silent, but my brain felt like it was working overtime. I wasn't thinking of anything in particular, but my mind would just not shut off. At about 12:30 G woke up thinking that his ankles were being broken and with pain in his legs. A little Motrin did the trick, but what do you say to a little boy who is convinced that his heels are being broken except that you understand him and love him and that they aren't being broken - all the while knowing he really feels it even if it isn't happening - I gave him the validation he needed - to be heard.

No comments: