Tuesday, April 15, 2008

An Audition and a Hotel

I was interviewing for a waitress position. I thought I'd have a leg up on the competition by carrying a tray in with me on one arm, like they would in a restaurant. I had to walk down a really long hallway and through a few doors. Then I was standing in line. It turned out that I was auditioning for a spot on an SNL type show. I was being heckled as I was standing in line. It turned out that there were four people with my last name (my maiden name) that worked on the show and one of them was named Ken - he was the lighting guy. As I was waiting my turn I kept thinking to myself that it's been ages since I've done improv comedy and didn't know what I would do. When it was my turn I had stood up for myself and the cast appreciated what I did. They said that they weren't giving me the job because of my last name. I was doing my first show and M.W. (the guy pictured above) was part of the cast. He had taken a liking to me. We both had blue and orange paint all over us because of a skit we had just performed and we were sitting backstage and came lip to lip without actually kissing. It turns out that we were an item. We were hanging out and he didn't care about the other women that wanted him. We had slowly started taking off our clothes when I kind of woke up and the dream got stuck.

Switch to a store. It was crowded. Dave and I were trying to buy chicken nuggets and cashews (though in retrospect in my dream I tried to figure out why I needed the cashews for nuggets because that's not how I cook them). It turns out that I had fried shrimp in my hand anyway. Dave walked to a different grocery store to find what we needed. I was trying to check out and had only half an eye on Little One. I knew he was close by. I walked away from the cashier to get him in the middle of paying. He was right in front of a moving shopping cart and instead of saying something I just held the cart in place and picked up Little One and showed him to the guy that almost ran him over. Then the cashier that I was dealing with had to now deal with the safe and she couldn't check out my order. They tried giving me change in Canadian money. They kept trying to give me more but I kept asking for American. Finally they gave me a $40 canadian gift card. The kids weren't with us anymore and Dave and I were far from home so we stopped at a hotel that was run by Target. It had 4 pools all in the shape of the bullseye. It wasn't finished yet but it was $120 a night and we couldn't afford that, even with the gift card. There were a lot of new people in the hotel and they were giving a tour of the place. Then I woke up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your nuts !

molly said...

lol, geez, itts not like your maiden name is smith or jones, in fact, the only other people i know of with your maiden name are related to you!!

HitThaFloor said...

Anonymous - Straight on. I probably am nuts.

Molly - Yes. Everyone with my maiden name in the country is related to me - I've looked and looked. Secondly, they are very big theater people so I guess it wasn't a big stretch for me to relate them in my dream.