Friday, February 16, 2007

Too Realistic

[NO PICTURE HERE]


I don't have a picture because I can't remember much from last night. It was a long, long dream and what I really take out of it is the realism of the dream. It was as if I was living my life, but in my dream. There was nothing out of the ordinary, nothing that was surreal or obscure. I was going to a funeral. I had to wear a dress and I found this striped number that was sleeveless. I felt uncomfortable so I put a bolero type jacket on to cover my shoulders and my arms. I was really, really hippy, though and I remember thinking it was because I was wearing a jersey dress and jersey dresses don't really work for big butts and huge hips.

The dream went on from there, or started before there. But it was so mundane. I was trying so hard this morning to reach that dream. I kept thinking if I could just find better words to use, or words to describe what I saw, but then I realized I couldn't even picture it in my head. I have absolutely no glimpse of my dream. I wonder why that is sometimes. I was lying in a near wakeful state this morning. I didn't replay it in my head like I sometimes do but it was so clear then, so, yes I'll use the word again, realistic, but I just couldn't grab anything from my conscious memory to recall what my dream memory had dreamt.

PS - Molly, I'm having some trouble with my blog layout. It's changed from a few weeks ago - like the way my computer shows me the embedded codes and not the actual format of what it's going to look like, so would you please remind me to take a look at it on Sunday?? Thanks.

No comments: