Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Moving and Authority


So what I can remember most is that I'm packing up my mom's house to move. I'm helping a few other people, but they aren't packing boxes really, they're just kind of sitting around. There is a plastic box - a bin with a plastic colored top that is attached to it - I need to put items in there but someone else keeps getting the wrong things. I keep throwing paperwork into it, but it never seems to get full. My mom has some help moving. She is moving to this really ritzy area. It's gate-controlled and everyone has tons of money.

G is not moving with her but he is going to a new school. There are a lot of rules and orders. I believe it's a boarding school. What I can remember is that G, who is 5, the youngest and the shortest, is about to take a shower. There is a way to do things, and G is not wanting to do them that way. He's not being adversary, but he's young and just doesn't know any better. There are 3 older and bigger boys who are making fun of him. The showers are down a long hallway with a changing room at the front, almost like a store changing area, the way that all the showers are on one side and there's the hall on the other. G runs off down the hall - buck naked - and I pull the 3 boys over and berate them. I tell them that they're bigger and it's their responsibility to teach and guide G. That they shouldn't be making fun of him but helping him. They realize what they've done.

Scene switches to a videotape being made. A reality show where everyone is living in this new, expensive, rich community that my mom moved to. What I remember is that they're filming people (normal, every day people - not like the people that you might see on "The Real Housewives of Orange County") and they have to do yoga on the edge of a cliff. It's a cliff that has a steep drop on both sides. Many times people come close to falling. This one larger man starts to sway backward and seems like he's going to fall. As an audience we think that even if he falls, it's all a stunt and that he would only fall a few feet, but then they pan out and you can see that it's miles to the bottom. One girl does start to fall but she catches herself and she can't even yell to get the attention of other people because it would make her lose her grip, but she holds on and she's rescued.

Some slight analysis here - I'm signing G up for kindergarten and when I was talking about it last year and the year before I didn't think it was going to be a big deal since he's in daycare/preschool now and we've been calling it school, etc., but I think it's a bigger deal then I thought it was going to be. He's my baby and he's growing up. I will try to know the teachers as well here, but I don't know how easy that will be. He's going to have homework - well, as much as they would give in K but still.....

Also, my mom has been packing to move for at least half a year now, so maybe that's why it feels like neverending packing, even though I'm not really helping with much.

Maybe the girl who started to fall off the cliff, even though it was a younger girl, is me, because there is so much going on that I have to deal with right now that I just want someone to save me? It's not completely unmanageable items, but they are piling one on top of the other and just need to be sorted out and dealt with.

I know those are surface interpretations but they seem to make the most sense to me.

Oh, and Molly, I figured out the problems I was having with my blog editor. I'm just an idiot who didn't know how that I flipped to the "Edit HTML" tab instead of the compose tab. Duh!

No comments: