Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sleepy

I have been so tired lately. I know I've been dreaming (I think the other night I dreamed about Box Tops and Campbell's Labels for Education - that they were both on the same package but people kept missing them and throwing them out) but I've been so tired. I get to work and I can fall asleep right away.

My brain feels sleepy and tired. It makes it difficult to think. I bought a puzzle book to exercise my brain a bit. I don't know if it's working because it's now the end of the work day and I'm still so sleepy and tired.

Of course, after the kids are in bed, I can't seem to fall asleep. I'm going on vacation next week - just a short trip to my brother's and I think I need it desparately. I'll miss the kids, but it will be nice to have fewer responsbilities, not that I'll have none, but 2 less people to be instantly taking care of (though I'll still have that worry in the back of my head and I'm sure my mom will be calling with questions, at least when it comes to packing G's bookbag - other than that she'll probably ignore most of what I ask her to do).

Let's hope I can remember my dream tonight - though it has been nice to listen to Little One babble in the morning. He likes to sing the tune of the alphabet, even though he doesn't get the words. G said he's singing about Daddy and that it's a nice song. I like to think it is.

Oh, last night Dave and I were talking. It was about 11:45 or so and we were making fun of, while at the same time appreciating, our kids. Little One did this cute little thing where I wanted him to sit down at the dinner table and he opposed at first. Finally he kind of sat there and thought about it (there's that word, Molly) and he cocked his head, grinned a teeny grin, and slowly sat down - as if to say "fine, I'll sit, but I don't really want to). So, as I was saying, we were talking and I glimpsed a little of the old Dave. He had a cute smile with his dimples showing and he had a light in his eyes. I think it was that light in his eyes that I fell in love with. It was nice to see him last night, if only for a bit.

No comments: