Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dinner and a Show


Dave and I were checking out of our hotel. It was pretty nice. We were deciding what restaurant to go to. There was one on a busy street shaped like a spaceship, but it was too busy and we didn't want to go there. We went to this one restaurant where there were two groups meeting: one who drove VW Bugs and the other that drove PT Cruisers. We were with the group that drove the Cruisers. You could tell, when someone walked through the door, what group they were going to sit with. The VW Bug table was bigger.
We were sitting around, eating. Dave wasn't with me at this point. I was feeling self-conscious. I kept thinking I had food or boogers on me. The guy who sat across from me did, but he just couldn't wipe them off enough. Everyone seemed friendly but a lot of peope went outside to smoke so I was relatively alone for a bit. Jeff S. was there along with some other people we knew. We had to go around the table saying our name and the names of our kids. Jeff said he had a son named James (Note: At this point in the dream I knew it was Josh that had a son named James and not Jeff - a brief, lucid moment). I needed to find Dave because we had to catch our flight. As it turns out, this was Paul McCartney's restaurant and he sat with us for a bit.
I was looking for Dave because I was getting worried we'd miss our plane. We were having such a good time at dinner. We had been visiting Canada, but it was like a Vegas Canada. Dave said he couldn't find his money and he forgot about tipping the valets and thought he'd have to gamble to get some money, but that he had found some so we could go. We walked to our car, which was parked the furthest away in the parking lot you could be - even though there were a ton of open spaces. While we were talking Dave asked why I booked such an early flight when I knew we'd have a good time and not want to leave. I didn't have an answer. Dave asked, at this point, if I could drive. We got into my Honda (not a PT Cruiser) and there were a bunch of cars parked just around us, even though we were in the furthest reaches of the parking lot. I ended up hitting a car - just tapped it - no big deal. But there were people inside so I had to get out. There were 5 girls and I made sure everyone was ok. They were looking for money but there was no damage. I talked to Dave and we offered them $200 (which I thought was a lot) and I said they could split it up and get $50 each. They said there were 5 of them and no deal so I said well, then you get nothing. Give me your information and I'll sue you. They started scrambling at this point for their pens and papers and I yelled that I was $20,000 in debt with 2 kids at home and I had nothing. I wasn't rich like they thought I was. Now, during this time a guy from another car said that I almost hit him (even though he was 5 spaces down) and there was an infant in his car and I had to pay him too.
At the end, the girls went to a video shoot and I woke up.

No comments: