Friday, June 29, 2007

Funeral and a Stop Sign


I was somewhere where there were a lot of people. We were supposed to be going to work or something like that but someone passed away and we had to go to a funeral. Rachel and her family was there as well. I kept thinking it was for Rabbi Kahan, but then kept remembering he already passed. Then I was thinking it was his wife and was worried about Tracy, the babysitter at Temple, who's husband is best friends with his family. But then I realized it was for someone else. I kept going up to people saying things like, "I know this sounds awful but who is this funeral for again?" And everyone responded, "I don't know either."
We were all going to get in our cars and we were by a high school track. There were kids in uniforms, including their coats, running for gym class. Then everyone dispersed to a different jungle gym. It was summer and I didn't know why they were in class or uniforms still. I thought maybe this was their camp uniform.
We had to drive to the funeral and stop for gas. We had a line of cars following each other.
Then, coming home from the place where we were (the first place - lots of grass and picnic tables, not the funeral) there was a different line of cars. I slowed down and then kept going. I said to Dave, "Was there a stop sign back there?" And then a cop car pulled out and slowly, very slowly, pulled us over. She wanted us to stop on the wrong side of the street, but I wouldn't. I couldn't find my license, but Dave was searching for his instead. (I was the driver). The cop was pregnant and I exclaimed something to that fact, "Oh, you're pregnant." Then I asked her why I was pulled over and she said because I didn't stop. I told her I didn't see a sign. She told me to follow her. She got on her scootter (not the car she drove in on) and took us to a dead end street that ended in a school. I didn't understand why we were on the wrong street. The head of the school came out and started yelling at us. I first apologized for my eye hurting (which I'm sure it physically was at the time) and said that we didn't see a stop sign. She started yelling about kids and stuff like that. She took us to the street with the stop sign. It was HUGE, really, really high and BLUE. And, there weren't any words on it that said stop. I told her I was looking for kids and red. Not blue. It was against the law to give me a ticket for not stopping at a blue sign.

2 comments:

molly said...

how interesting! qhat did you make of it?

HitThaFloor said...

I was worried the next day about getting stopped by the cops. Maybe it's a stress about G starting school, though I don't really think that's it totally. As for death - that usually means change - so I don't know.