Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fish Tank Auction

I was at an auction, of sorts. It was underwater and we had to walk around putting fish into different tanks or items to determine which one we were trying to win. No one could figure out which fish was worth more or remember which items they bid on. There were not only fish, but fish tank items you could put in to win an item. It was all upscale and mostly donated by one woman. There were huge fishtanks, a video game, a dollhouse, glass serving bowls. I had bid on the item I brought but was told I couldn't since I knew how much it was worth. That was part of the game, to figure out what something's retail value was. The item I brought was $100, so I had found two chips, a 10 and a 0 to put in front, but then had to take them back. Sometimes when you put a fish into an item you would see it flopping around because it didn't have any water. This one guy was going crazy over this one item, I think it was spongebob something or other, and he just stayed by it to make sure that no one got it.

1 comment:

molly said...

well, wouldnt we all just go mad over spongebob?