Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Ghost Story


I had to figure out where I was going to park. It was nighttime and I knew I was staying all night. The metered parking would have been expensive, at least $27, but I didn't feel like moving my car around the corner. There was a metal barrier up and I didn't want to walk around.


I went into the house and I had to sign in. I was talking to a friend of mine and I noticed that he was peeling so I started peeling for him. It turned out he was a ghost, but we were dating and we were in love. We didn't care. He knew he was in love with me. There were other people who did care and they didn't want us to date. I wasn't allowed to let anyone else see me. There was a reporter who was trying to find out if the ghost was, indeed, seeing someone, and she was using every means possible to try to find me out. There was something about water and then being able to see me, like if I stepped in water I could be found out - traces of me would be found. I was doing my best to steer clear and then she realized that she could look in the sign-in book, but my boyfriend had smudged out my name just before she could look at it. Then I was standing in the hallway and there was a line of people there. The reporter when up to one lady and started talking to her and then they were in cahoots. The lady intentionally spilled her entire bottle of Channel No. 5 all over me and that gave the reporter the fodder she needed.


It hadn't occurred to me until after I woke up that I was the one who couldn't be seen by anyone. It was as if I had been the ghost, but I know I wasn't.

No comments: