Monday, December 8, 2008

A Visit to the Hospital

So I had a rough night last night. I couldn't fall asleep, and then at 2 am G woke up and needed me - for all of 4 minutes, but a disruption nonetheless - and then at 6 am, a pain level 8 erosion from my Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy. My vision is still blurred and I'm exhausted, but I'm at work because I'm going out of town on Friday. So I definitely had a dream before my erosion and I was on the road to remembering it until I had my erosion. Here's my dream after my erosion (for all of 30 minutes I might have slept, but definitely long enough to dream):

I was at the hospital. I saw a relative, cousin or aunt, who was also being admmitted to the hospital, but I don't know for what. Dave was with me - being supportive. They put my relative and me in the same hospital room and my aunt B and cousin Emily came to visit us. All of a sudden I had to find out why Hulk (the wrestler) Hogan was choosing the musical path he was choosing. We had some starstruck people at the hospital want to stop by our room because of our affiliation with him. I was questioning him and we were all talking about it.

Gotta love the normalcy of the beginning of the dream to the "You're definitely in a dream" of the ending.

I'm thinking this was a sign that I should have my eyes checked again. I'm crossing my fingers that my boss can pull some strings with his ophthalmologist friend and that he actually knows something about Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy.

No comments: