Monday, December 29, 2008

A Trip Out West (Saturday's Dream)

I went to Seattle or San Francisco to visit my friend Teresa (who doesn't live on the west coast). She picked me up from the airport and told me she had a great apartment. The only problem with it was that she had to drive on the busiest freeway when she drove and that she hated that. We parked in her apartment parking lot and walked through a door and went into her apartment. It was a dorm-style room. She was living with 10 other people and the beds were all lined up next to each other. The "guest" bed was across from where she slept and it was about as wide as one person. Everyone had their recumbant bicycles in front of their bed (no one ever used their car). I had to use the restroom and I had to walk out of her apartment and down a hallway to a room where the door didn't go all the way to the floor or ceiling and the toilet faced the hallway - it was almost embarrassing to use. When I got back to the apartment I noticed a bathroom in the back, but I was told I couldn't use it because it was for residents only. Teresa was going to take me out on the town but she wasn't sure if I could handle the bicycle and she said she didn't have a car.

The dream changes to a voyage along a jungle river where natives are trying to sell me "tourist" items like exotic foods and fruits but I knew they were trying to oversell them and charge too much. It turned out I was just in a parking garage and not in a remote location.

No comments: