Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Past


I had just met a girl online that I instantly connected with for a friendship. She had the same things going on in her life that I had in mine. We lived in the same area and we decided to meet at a bar for lunch. Not a dive bar and not a high class bar, but a restaurant that also had a bar in it. I went to the bar and started running into all these people I used to know. I had to do some double-takes to make sure I recognized some of the people but everyone was there with open arms and warm greetings. My friend Austin, from LA, was there and he handed me a bunch of envelopes and some stamps, then he left. I opened one of the envelopes and it proposed marriage to me and that I was supposed to write my answer on an envelope and mail them all. I sat there, flabbergasted. I started to write "This is the most romantic thing that you can do, but I am already married and I have a family." I kind of kept replaying it in my head because I never finished my thought in the dream. Then I ran into another old friend and he dissed me completely - he wouldn't even talk to me - it was D.A. from high school. He said that I wasn't the person he thought I was - I was fat and ugly. Then I looked in a mirror and I had this really weird "bowl" type haircut, I was even shorter then I really am and weighed even more. Last but not least I ran into another guy, whose name I don't know, and put my arm around him and hesitently asked him if he wanted to have dinner later. He blatantly said "NO." I asked why and he said I knew. Typical conversation. Of course I said I didn't know and he said that he had already asked me out but that I didn't want to go hang out and eat dinner where you can drink and here I was in an establishment where you could do just that. I think we worked it out.

No comments: