Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dinner Date with Cake



I was at a dinner party with some friends and D was there. It was a pseudo date as I had just broken up with my boyfriend and so I was available to date. There were about 6 people there in all. I thought the evening was going well until D invited me to something else, but put a caveat on it - to not wear such revealing clothes. (I had been wearing a shirt that was a bit low-cut and showed off some cleavage). I was appalled because I thought my shirt wasn't that low-cut and we were all grownups - no kids around. I had replayed the scene in my head and realized that his body language kept moving away from me. So I was offended and got up and stormed off. I didn't dress like that all the time. I walked to the rapid station and was going to take the rapid home. He tried to get me to stay, but I just kept walking. He tried following me and eventually caught up to me with his friends and they brought dessert, cake, to eat. They had already eaten cake at the dinner but they had brought entirely new cakes to eat.

No comments: