Monday, July 7, 2008

G's Nightmare


I had another erosion with my map dot fingerprint dystrophy this morning. I had a small one on the fifth of July, but this one was a doozy (pain being a 9) - and still hurting 2.5 hours later. The pain is different with the muro 128, not as sandy, but more of an intensely dry feeling. I think this is because of how much I was awake last night and not just keeping my eyes closed.
2 am: G called out "Mom, can I come in your bed?" "No." "Come sleep with me." (fine) It turns out he saw flying things and colors in his room, oh, and extinct things. There was something in the hallway. I slept with him for a bit and went back to bed. A few minutes later I hear it again so I have him come into my bed. He falls asleep. At 3 I wake up and take him back into his bed. The weight of his sleeping body was comforting next to me and in my arms as I was carrying him back to bed but he keeps me awake and I get no sleep.
He remembers the flying things this morning. Nothing to do except help him find coping mechanisms.
Now, if I can only figure out why Little One says "Scared" when I put him down to bed every night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XflrG6JAHIc