Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Date


I was going to meet Dave for dinner. I drove past where G was being babysat and he was playing a game. I went to a mall - it was monstrously huge. I couldn't walk normally. There was a problem with my shoes. They were slowing me down. They were slippery. I couldn't walk at a normal pace and I was really slow. I had gotten half-way there and then had to turn around because I had forgot something. I was also a bit lost. It took me over an hour to walk in the mall to where I needed to go. I saw our friend TJ and asked him to call Dave to let him know I was going to be late but he said he couldn't. I asked again and he did, but first he called him at home and then he called him at Dave's grandmothers, and we both knew Dave was at neither of those places.
Finally I made it to a place where there was chinese food. It was in the middle of the mall, not in a restaurant. We ate our first course and then had to go somewhere else. After the second course we went into an amphitheater where Dave surprised me with a dozen red roses.

No comments: