Friday, November 30, 2007

Surgery and a Helicopter

I needed to have surgery. I was being prepped. I was on the gurney, but I wasn't in a hospital. My surgeon was playing cards and games with other people sitting at a table. I had to have a notebook updated in my back. (A three-ring binder) I was told that I shouldn't keep updating the first few pages because they change so frequently it would require many surgeries to stay on top of it so I opted not to have those pages changed. (You couldn't see the existing binder normally, only during surgery.) All my friends and family were around me, but they weren't necessarily helping me get ready for surgery. They were just in the building that I was in. Just after the surgery I had to fly in a helicopter. I don't know where we went, but I knew I was well enough to fly in it.

No comments: