Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Wal-Mart Gift Cards


(Yes, Molly, the picture is for you.) Don't buy toothpaste at Wal-Mart.
I had to walk through this very odd tunnel that was made out of wood. There were two levels. The upper level was more fun but had bigger steps to climb. The lower level got you to where you wanted to go faster. So I walked over this wood structure to get to Wal-Mart. I had to run an errand for my mom. She handed me a pile of gift cards and I had to find out how much money was left on them. No one would help me. There was no one at customer service. They had a party going on that was invitation only. Finally I was able to get someone to help me, but she only went through 1/4 of the stack of cards and wouldn't help me anymore.
I walked out of a different door then when I walked in and remember having to walk all the way around the building to get to the wood structure. When I went to Wal-Mart, I went the "fun" side and when I came back from Wal-Mart, I discovered the "faster" side.
Hmmm - fun vs. goal oriented. What would my gestaltist friend make of that? And Wal-Mart of all places. I know yesterday when I was driving home from my mother-in-laws I thought that it's been a while since we've spoken and that's probably why you were in my dream last night - even if it was through Wal-Mart. The fun vs. goal oriented is probably a big chunk of how I'm looking at my life. My husband is the "fun" and I'm the "goal oriented". Case in point - I got him a garbage can (albeit a very nice, state of the art, garbage can) for Chanukah and he got me a digital camera. Hmmmm.....

3 comments:

molly said...

does this trash can walk itself to the curb as well?

...glad to know i appear in your dreams, even if it is as bentonvile behemoth

hope the holidays went well

HitThaFloor said...

bentonville? I know you're referring to the wal-mart, but I don't get it.

They went well. Glad they're over. Tree's down already. Woohoo.

molly said...

got out of work early...yeah!

walmart opened its first store in bentonville arkansas...the saying is jeff hess'