Friday, December 15, 2006

Dogs and New Cities


Dave and I were driving down the freeway. There was a guy there with a buddy whose lawn went right up against it. His black lab was on the freeway so Dave and I stopped. We told the guy that the dog is on the freeway but he didn’t seem to care. The dog jumped over the meridian and started running down the other embankment. Dave and I were trying to get the dog back. Finally the guy realized what had happened. He didn’t think that the dog could jump over the meridian like it did. The dog was very soft and gentle and Dave, being Dave, mentioned yet again – don’t I want a dog of my own.

Switch to another city. We were driving to another city because we were looking for a better school for G. It was on the New Jersey / Philly border I think. As we were driving around there was a very large ferris wheel that was in the middle of the city. It went over people’s heads as they were driving kind of like you could walk under a roller coaster at Cedar Point. We were lucky – it stopped to let someone off because they were too scared so we got on. The cars weren’t the kind like only 2 people sat in them. It was more of a car like in the Paris ferris wheel, but the ferris wheel went very fast and it followed an oblong path as opposed to a circular one.

Switch to a hotel room. I was there with a bunch of people. I think we were hiding out. We were all trying to find jobs. This one guy felt lucky (I think it was my father-in-law – he was wearing a button down shirt with a vest and about to finish getting dressed. I asked him where he found work and he said, now I can’t remember what he said but I know it was an extremely low paying job. We were all exploring this new city. It was nighttime and the city felt very foreign. Lots of old buildings and winding streets. It was almost like a movie because of the “love triangles”. One girl A likes a guy but this other girl B liked the guy instead and a third girl knew both sides of the story. I walked in on girl B and she was trying to motion like they weren’t fooling around trying to get me to go in on her story.

Switch to another time. The only thing I can remember is G complained that something was in his tooth and when I went to look at it it fell out, but not at the root. I was excited that my big boy lost a tooth but worried because it didn’t feel right. I put the tooth in milk and called the dentist. G was complaining that it hurt a lot and I went to look for motrin for him.

And yet again, as always, I know there was even more, but wakefulness makes it elude me.

2 comments:

molly said...

wow, alot there....i used to have alot of dreams about my teeth falling out. there is a level of anxiety in that type of dream, and not having the right stuff to take in the things we need, or to chew on (as kirsti says) thew thingsa we need to chew on...

HitThaFloor said...

That's what happens when I can write down my dream right away. I remember more of the detail. That's why it's frustrating when I know there's more but can't put my finger on it. Yes, I guess as a whole it was a very stressful dream.