Friday, May 18, 2007

The Wedding and The Roloffs

I got married to my friend Tim, whom, in real life, is a friend of mine that I used to bicycle with. On our wedding night we were in his apartment on his bed and we were looking at receipts. He wouldn't consummate the marriage for some reason. Tim Daly, my ex, was in the apartment too, as well as some girl. We were all good friends. Tim Daly was mad that I got married to my friend Tim and he wanted me for himself. We were supposed to go on our honeymoon the next day, but we couldn't find our tickets or passports. I searched and searched and then found them.

I was in a car with 2 or 3 girls. We went up this steep stone driveway to someone's house. Tim (my new husband) was there, but was distrustful. Tim Daly was there too. Someone was injured and we needed to get them help. We got back in the car and drove to the neighbor's house. It was the steepest stone driveway I had ever seen. It was almost a 90 degree angle and I just kept thinking when we went up both of those driveways that I was glad I didn't live there in the winter. We got in the house and it turned out it was the Roloffs, from the show, Little People, Big World. Amy Roloff and I sat down at her table and I told her how I looked up to her and what a wonderful mother she was. She was humble and said, oh, the girl on the show, yea, a lot of people say that, and she didn't want to take credit for anything. I asked her if I could see her house because I thought it was beautiful. It wasn't like it was on the show. It was ginormous with huge ceilings and a balcony on the second floor overlooking the first floor. The Roloffs didn't want company, they just wanted everyone to leave. Nobody else got that but me so I did my best to usher everyone out, but more people kept pouring in.

Then I got a page on my beeper and I tried calling the number back but I couldn't figure out how to read it because it went on for more then one screen. Tim (my new husband) was once again distrustful. It was a hospital calling. As I was trying to figure out how to make the call we walked into the hospital room where the doctor was sitting.

And that's how long my dreams have been lately - and that one is missing a bunch of detail - but that's what I can remember when I don't have the kids at home and I wake up a bunch in the morning expecting them to get up any minute or when I can take the time to digest my dream.

Sweet dreams all.

No comments: