Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Singing in a Club


So I was going to sing in a club. I wasn't a regular, but I had wanted to sing so they were going to let me. I was rehearsing the songs they gave me. Two songs that I didn't know the words or the music to. I was singing into a microphone. In the middle of the first song, they took the handheld microphone away and gave me a headset microphone. I realized that I wasn't very good and I told them that. I said that if I sang a song I knew it would be better. I chose two songs from Camp Wise because anyone who sings anything from Camp can sing it well. It's the rule of singing at a camp. They were two very specific songs (of course, upon awakening, they left my head and the only song left is "You've Got a Friend"). Anyway, they thought the songs sounded good enough for that evening.

I went to my dorm room and was hanging out with a friend and then I realized I was late for singing. When I got to the club I could only remember the first line of the song and I kept repeating it over and over.

No comments: