Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hospitals and Fake Superheros


The dream starts off in a hospital emergency area. It's old-fashioned, with small doors and white, billowy curtains everywhere. There's a girl I know in a bed and she's there for some treatment for pain she's having. I'm also there for treatment. An Epipen gone wrong or something like that. I was sitting in the bed by my friend and her mom but then get really tired so I go to my hospital room and lie in bed and doze off. The doctor's come in to check on the girl and she's doing fine so they let her go. They come to look at me. There's 3 doctors, all older men. They're talking about me and I can hear them but I'm so tired that I don't say anything. They start to get worried because I'm not moving. They say I look sallow. They're starting to get real worried but they leave the room. I turn over onto my side or make some kind of movement and it eases their worry. Afterwards I take all this junk food and cake stuff and throw it all in the garbage can. I know that's what made me sick and I start just throwing everything away.
The dream shifts to a gymnasium of sorts. There's people everywhere. The MC is asking around the room for people's superhero names. Some are good, others are pathetic and he shoos them away. I have what mine should be "Hunter Steele" (emphasis on the silent e at the end) and, after the MC chose his last few people he was going to call on -- I was the last -- the girl right before me chose the last name of Steel (no silent e at the end) and I had to think of something super quick because it was almost my turn and I wanted to be chosen.
That's when I woke up.

No comments: