Saturday, March 21, 2009

An Accident

I was at a family's house watching the children for them. I was on the phone with J.B., snogging on the phone. I think at one point in the past we had slept in a bed naked together but nothng happened. The children were eating, it was some kind of holiday, and the older girl got a bit freaked out. I got off the phone and started explaining to them. The girl said it couldn't be anything because I have 2 little kids at home, but I left anyway. I was driving along and there were some old ladies coming out of a house and crossing the street. I stopped for them to let them cross and waived them along. I looked in my rearview mirror and there was an elderly lady driving and she was looking down and didn't see me stopped at all. I took my foot off the brake and she slammed into me. All in all, there were 4 cars in the accident. The car with the old lady was crushed into a small box. Nancy D was there and had seen everything. I had my phone out and tried to call 911 - I pressed a button for it, but it called my mom instead. I didn't recognize any of the streets at all. I was dazed and confused and my insides hurt. I think I drove away because I went home. I tried calling J.B., I think he was in afghanistan, but all the numbers on my phone had disappeared. Dave was waiting for me and he was furious. He didn't know about the accident and he didn't know that I tried to call the police but couldn't get through to them.

No comments: