Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Hospital and Reminiscing

I went to the hospital to see a friend. My rabbi was there and he was in the critical care. The hospital decided that I needed to be there to for my leg. I wasn’t able to get up and walk around, even though I did still. I had to lay still or I could lose my legs. They switched us to another room on another floor and I was next to the rabbi and we had lots of visitors and people coming in and out to see us. I hadn’t realized that my condition was serious. (Note: This dream was a lot more involved. Maybe it just moved at a slower pace.)

Then the dream switched to a basement of a friend’s house. They were having a garage sale and I was adding my own items to it. The first person I was giving things to I knew would pay me my money if anything sold. I wasn’t sure about the second person. One of the things I put on the table was a very large fake diamond-looking item that was a bit dusty. I was showing some of these friends my makeup book of the things I’ve worked on but all the pictures were fuzzy and out of focus. I realized that someone had taken pictures underneath and moved them to the top so I found the pictures I was looking for but by then they weren’t interested and I was pushing my work on them for them to see.

Note: I think I had the first part of the dream for two reasons. Firstly, my left hip was hurting last night and the pain probably infiltrated my brain a bit. Second, I found out that someone I knew (didn’t know well, but she was only 39) died last week suddenly of a heart aneurism. She was a dance instructor – in good shape, very, very sweet person. It’s very sad. I’m not afraid of death but I’m afraid of leaving loose ends, having my family have more problems of trying to figure things out, financially or knowing where things are. I hope that when I die it’s a bit slower in terms of being able to say goodbye or tell people those last minute things of where things can be found. I’m afraid of missing out on my boys’ lives. I know I won’t go any time soon, but you just never know and hearing of this person dying probably brought some of those fears into my dream.)

No comments: