Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Plastic Paperclips

I was at work and I was going to get an envelope from my supply room. Someone had changed it and had reorganized it. Out of a 10 foot wall of supplies, 8 feet were taken up by party items like paper plates, curled ribbon for balloons, things you would find at a party store. The actual office items were in a 2' cabinet that was really long and tall and stacked so high to the top that you couldn't reach anything that you needed without having a step ladder and all the paperclips were replaced with those cheap plastic paperclips that you used once and then threw away because no one ever wants to use them again. And they got all excited about putting a picture frame in the door of the toilet stall which made no sense because the toilet was in the supply room so there was no privacy anyways (except for the walls of the stall). I got into a shouting match with the girl who changed the supplies around and I quit right there and then. I couldn't handle the paper clips.

My boss said that it's a control dream - I can see that.

No comments: