Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sukkot


It's Sukkot (a harvest festival where you "party" in a tent-like structure that has an open roof where you can see the stars). I go to an amusement park and bring my own food and the staff helps me find a Sukkah where I can eat. Later in the day I find some friends who are also looking for a Sukkah but, in the building where we're at, they only have a small merry-go-round (kind of like the one in the ice cream parlor at Malley's in N. Olmsted.) They take off everything but the polls and we use the polls for our Sukkah. There's some children there and the mother is off to the side and she looks like she's sleeping. I go over to her and she says that she's not asleep. I pick her up. She has a genetic disorder that leaves her like that and she's a spokesperson for this disorder.

No comments: