Monday, January 22, 2007

Bible Thumper and Legos



I’m upstairs with Dave and there’s a knock at the back. We hear voices. Someone’s at the side door. Dave starts to leave the room and then I hear them at the back of the house and it scares me so I go to be with Dave. He’s somewhere else and I go to the side door. I open our inside side door and we hadn’t even realized we had left the door open. There’s three black women there in traditional-type African dress who want to preach the word of G-d. I say “It’s very nice to meet you, but I am Jewish” and right then the third women, who was extremely tall, started in after me. I don’t know if it had all been an act to get in the house and rob us or if she heard I was Jewish and that threw her into a frenzy. I start yelling for Dave and realize that I’m yelling in my dream but I don’t wake up. I swear that I had been yelling loudly for Dave and I’m trying and trying to wake myself up but it’s not working. I start crying, little whimpers that I try to get out but don’t make a sound and then the scene switches to stop animation type images. I’m looking at a dollhouse. It’s very angry. The people’s faces are very angry and the scenes that I’m looking at are very angry. It was all those legos characters. There was one, it was clear and lying on a bed but the skull was ripped open. Another one had freckles on her face and very distinct lines. There were tons of images just being shot at me – even only being 8 minutes since I’ve woken up the images are fading from my viewpoint and the one I can really remember is the one with the freckles and I can’t even really describe the lines correctly. At this point I realize that Dave hadn’t come up because I was dreaming. I was awake but still dreaming and that I could control my dream. So I try to control my dream but it’s not working because I try to change the images from angry images to not angry images and it doesn’t work. All of a sudden I see colors – reds, greens and blues and I realize that I’m about to wake up but I’m fighting it. I know that the colors were my neurons inside my brain creating the images – I try hard to control the dream and to stay in the dream mode. And then I do wake up. I actually had a LUCID dream. I'm utterly amazed. I’m tempted to keep sleeping because I am so tired. I was going to replay the dream in my head (actually, I had started doing it in the middle of the dream and that was another tipoff that I was dreaming) but decided that there was no way I was going to remember near the detail in the morning and it is so true because even now there’s a lot that I’m still missing. Sometimes when I wake up I wish I had a movie camera inside my head because I lose so much of the picture in trying to describe the detail. Part of it is losing the detail as I’m describing it and the other is that I’m not the best writer – 2 very different sides of the same equation. And that’s when I woke up and came down here because it was so so early into my falling asleep. I woke up at 11:48 and I had fallen asleep at 11:30.

I know why I was screaming but not really screaming and that’s the part of the brain that prohibits movement when you are in REM, but boy was that a really neat sensation even if the images were scary. That’s the first time that I’ve been able to realize that I’ve been in a dream since I was in college and dreamt of a flying boat and as soon as I saw the boat and knew that boats couldn’t fly I knew I was in a dream and tried to control it.

Sorry this sounds so disjointed, but I just woke up. I’m going to post this in the morning, but only because I have to get back to bed and I want to find the right picture to go with this dream. I’m not going to change any of the wording. Bye.
Post-note: I talked through this dream with Dave right after I wrote this and it was so much easier to explain when discussing it rather than writing it. The colors I saw reminded me of how a tv works. Also, I had just watched 13 going on 30 before bed and there was a dollhouse in that dream and so maybe that's where that came from.

No comments: