Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Living Proof


Yesterday I watched a movie called "Living Proof" which is about Dr. Slamon's work to get the Herceptin drug approved to treat breast cancer. It was a very interesting, very moving movie. Of course, it infiltrated my dream....


I was a patient in a hospital with cancer. I wasn't allowed to leave. I was watching another patient with her infant son and they were just sitting there and rocking. I was making phone calls, standing at a desk with a clipboard.


Then I was watching a wedding. The bride was sick. They were on the edge of a river. Some of the guests were about to jump in.


Then I was watching a patient who wanted to take a picture. It was Amy Poehler from SNL and she was sitting in a weird pose, almost like the pose from "Parks and Recreation", her new show, when she fell into the pit.

No comments: