Friday, August 8, 2008

Of Mice....and Ants


Note: Anyone who knows me, knows my dislike of ants (in the house anyway) and how freaked ot I get when I see one indoors.
I was in my house and there was a mouse on the edge of a windowsill. It looked like he was nibbling Cap'n Crunch or dog food or some kind of pellet. I left it alone thinking he's not doing anything wrong. Then Dave yelled at me furiously. Why did I let it go? I need to get rid of it. The mouse left and I closed the window. Next thing I know the window is ajar (if windows can be ajar) and there were 2 mice. I put on rubber gloves and took them outside and threw them. I wanted to flail them across the yard, but I didn't want to hurt them so I just got them far enough from the house. Then I was thinking I should have turned the rubber gloves inside out and thrown them and then it would have been harder for them to get back. Dave yelled again. I guess there was some kind of fear of disease, etc.


At this point I still don't remember what ants have to do with the dream, but I'm absolutely positive there were one or two walking around and just freaking me out.

I go back to the house and the window is wide open and the mice are back, in full force. I freak out, Dave freaks out. It's so icky and they are so mad at us.

Here's some possible interpretations - taken from the Free Dream Dictionary:
2. Being frightened by a mouse signifies social embarrassment coming up, and if the dreamer wants to avoid it, he or she can look to other symbols in the dream. 3. Mice scurrying around freely, wreaking havoc in their surroundings, indicate family squabbles ahead.

Hmmm.....

No comments: