Friday, January 30, 2009

Jail and a Bus Ride

I was arrested for something. I was sitting in jail and this guy wrote a check and he ended up writing it on my account. It wasn't a traditional jail. I wasn't behind bars, but I was definitely in trouble. I kept saying that I was "hoodwinked," and "taken for." One of the "guards" took me to a hearing and as I was walking there I had to walk through a room filled with school-aged children. G was there but I wasn't allowed to say hi or hug him or anything. I tried to make myself so he wouldn't see me and get upset. I was balling at the notion of not being able to hug him.

Then I was on a bus. I asked the gentlemen next to me for $.17 for the bus ride. It felt like it was in the "olden times" where everything cost dramatically less. He didn't have the money so I took out my change purse and gave him $.20. He then gave me $.14 cents back and we laughed a bit. I was thankful and kissed him on the cheek. He looked at me and said "Do you know who I am?" At that point I surmised he was a pastor. I said that I didn't care. And then Little One woke me up. I wanted to go back to that point, but couldn't

No comments: