Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy - Stromal Puncture

So I know I haven't been blogging lately. I have been dreaming, but I haven't really felt like blogging any of them. I had previously blogged that I had hope because I found a great doctor. Well, last week I found out she's moving to Iowa. Talk about disappointment. As of that date I hadn't had an erosion (except one very early in January with a pain level of 3 so nothing really to talk about) and hadn't been able to have my surgery (stromal puncture). I didn't know what I was going to do. And then, Sunday morning, I had one of my worst erosions to date. Serious pain (level 9 for me). I called the answering service and the on-call doctor just said to wait until Monday. Monday morning I made the appointment. Barring some major stress dealing with the insurance company - and I mean major - the stromal puncture went well. I still have some pain today and blurry vision. The aftertaste of my medicinal eyedrops is disgusting. I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end.

And now, I literally know the meaning of "Swear to G-d, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye."

No comments: