Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lightning and Thunder



So last night we had a major lightning and thunder storm at about 4:00 or so (I didn't look at the clock). It woke me up. I love lightning and thunder. No rain came, but then, at about 5:00 there was the loudest thunderclap I had ever heard. It felt like it was directly outside of our house and it came directly on top of the lightning, which meant that it was directly outside our house. I don't get scared, but that clap was so loud that I hugged my husband and then, after a beat, awed in its wonder. A few seconds later - torrential rains. I went to Little One's room to close the windows and as I opened his curtain - lightning blinded me. Then I went into the bathroom - lightning in the eyes #2. Back in bed, lightning in the eyes #s 3 and 4. It felt like paparazzi. It took about an hour to fall asleep and I know I had a good dream when I got back there, but I awoke so tired that I can't remember what it was.

No comments: