Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Generic Muro 128%


So last night I used the generic version of Muro 128% last night for the first time. It's what my Cole Eye Center Ophthalmologist prescribed for my Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy. Well, it's not the only thing he prescribed. He had two other suggestions as well: (1) oral antibiotic with an eye drop I'd have to take the rest of my life (which we both weren't keen on) or (2) micropuncture to create scar tissue in my cornea. He was real keen on this, but the idea of having a hypodermic needle puncture my cornea to create scar tissue is not the way I want to go without trying other options first. I'm going to be doing a little "light" reading - like medical articles can be light - about the subject, but am opting to try the Muro 128%, which the doctor also suggested.
So I put it in and it stung a bit more than I was anticipating. It was hard to keep my eye open so I'm glad I was really tired, but when I woke up this morning, the pain wasn't that bad. I know the Muro has something in it to promote healing, unlike the Lacrilube which I believe is strictly an ointment for moisture. I am definitely going to give this a try for a few months before even considering micropuncture.

1 comment:

molly said...

eeew, eye puncture!?!

id go with the drops first too