Thursday, January 10, 2008

A New Birth

I went to the hospital last night. I had to ride a very strange wooden elevator that went in a semi-circle to get to the 9th floor (I wonder what the number means). I was in the OB wing and I was pregnant. I hadn't told Dave I was coming to the hospital because I didn't want to wake him. I was told to wait a bit to make sure I was in labor. There was a staff meeting going on so I lied down and waited while they talked. It was strange on both sides to be in the same room while the meeting was going on. It turned out I had paint on my face, black paint, and one doctor finally noticed and was concerned. We washed it off. He decided I wasn't in labor and sent me home. The elevator went to the wrong place. It went to the hospital kitchen. There was a lot of hustle and bustle. Everyone was doing something and I couldn't just take the elevator to the first floor because I wouldn't be able to find my car from there. I had to get back to where my car was parked.

In walks the Roloff family, but I called them the Fooses instead, which is a different little people family. I was embarrassed that I couldn't remember their names. We walked onto a balcony and I remember thinking that my stomach wasn't like it should be being 9 months pregnant. I was walking to the elevator when I realized I was having the baby. I tried to call out to the kitchen staff but I couldn't find my voice. The baby came out - clean as a whistle, like in the movies. The staff noticed and the baby was blond with a very little mouth and a cute smile. It was a boy. I called Dave to let him know, but woke up instead.

No comments: