Thursday, January 31, 2008

Aunt Sarah - What are you trying to tell me?

I was driving along. Dave and I saw a nursing home. We wanted to try to find our friend, Pat, so we stopped to see if he was there. We walked around the outside, looking for the front door. There was one spot completely filled with cigarette butts - it was where the nurses took their smoke break (I always find it amusing that someone in the healthcare industry smokes). It was disgusting, the amount of butts there - like they didn't have an ashtray or garbage can. Anyway, we were looking on the chart for Pat's name, but we knew he was staying their under an assumed name for anonimity. While looking for him we came across my Aunt. We went to see her. She had to deliver something to some friends of hers in the building. She had a bit of alzheimer's (Note: in reality, my Baubie had the alzheimer's, my Aunt was just really old.) Dennis showed up. He was wearing silver spandex running pants that said 61 of 62 - 2nd to last. He ran a marathon and he came in 2nd to last. He didn't think it was that bad because at least he wasn't last. He was showing off his pants in front of the nursing home.

I remember riding the elevator to different floors. The corridors were made of a dark wood so it was dark in the nursing home, but warm at the same time (and not because of the heat, but because of the wood).

So, Aunt Sarah - that's three dreams in almost as many nights now. What are you trying to tell me?

No comments: